Easy pasta arrabiata recipe is a simple quick healthy meal for four made in less than half an hour. Short on time but still want those classic Mediterranean flavours? This delicious classic will satisfy all those needs with minimal fuss and effort!
Now who doesn't love pasta arrabiata? It's a classic authentic Italian dish that's simple wholesome and delicious!
For my healthy version of this recipe I recently received a fantastic free sample box of tomato products from Cirio.
So today I've used their chopped tomatoes to create this easy pasta arrabiata recipe covered in that lovely spicy tomato sauce that all spice lovers are sure to love.
The chopped tomatoes from Cirio were of such good quality. I found them thick in consistency and rich in flavour.
If you're going to make something as simple as this easy pasta arrabiata recipe, then I would recommend making it with really good quality tinned chopped tomatoes, like the ones I got from Cirio.
Cirio also sent me a box of other tinned products to try.
If you want to see what else I've used Cirio products for then please check out my baked cod with caper mash recipe.
Why I Think You'll Love This Easy Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
Did you know that pasta arrabiata transalates to mean "angry pasta" in Italian?
The arrabiata sauce (sugo all'arrabbiata) is a spicy tomato sauce that's made with olive oil, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Red pepper flakes are used to provide the heat.
I've used a little less olive oil than the original recipe and chilli powder instead of chilli flakes.
I used whole wheat penne pasta too to make a healthier arrabiata. But if you can't get that use any penne pasta.
Folks, making this recipe is really satisfying.
Watching the arrabiata sauce simmer down, at the same time as you’re checking on the pasta to get it to an al dente consistency, your kitchen is filled with delicious onion, tomato and garlic aromas just like in a real Italian kitchen!
Now, my other half loves her pasta arrabiata. It's always the thing she tends to go for when we're out having dinner at an Italian restaurant. She thinks this easy pasta arrabiata recipe is restaurant quality.
And so, the reason why I think you'll love this easy pasta arrabiata recipe?
Well, if she thinks this is restaurant quality, then who am I to complain? She’s the expert when it comes to pasta arrabiata! Here's how its done :-
How To Make Pasta Arrabiata
- Blitz the tomatoes and basil together in a blender / food processor.
- Get your pasta on and cook at the same time you make the sauce.
- Make the arrabiata sauce by sautéing the onion and garlic then add the tomatoes and chilli powder. Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Season the sauce. Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Pasta Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tuna tomato pasta is a delicious healthy and easy recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make. With just a few basic ingredients it’s budget friendly too!
- This is a delicious, simple, family chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake. It’s relatively healthy, low cost and can be on the table in less than an hour. An excellent quick healthy meal!
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- Quick and easy pasta pomodoro is the perfect family dinner for when you’re short of time. Ready in just 30 minutes you’ll love this cheats version of the tasty Italian classic!
Easy Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
As this is an extremely filling Italian pasta arrabiata dish all you really need to go with it is a simple green salad of lettuce, cucumber and chopped spring onions.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe if you like it! 🙂
Easy Pasta Arrabiata Recipe Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful of fresh basil leaves about 5g worth
- 400 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon mild chilli powder optional
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Empty the chopped tomatoes and the basil leaves into a blender / food processor and blitz until relatively smooth.
- Place the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook as per the packet instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking continue to make the sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and stir in the chilli powder. Gently simmer the sauce for about 10 – 15 minutes until it has thickened to a desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and combine well.
- Divide the pasta Arrabiata between bowls and serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a fresh green salad of lettuce, cucumber and spring onions.