Quick healthy salmon burgers are the perfect easy dinner option. It takes just 40 minutes to prepare and cook these delicious heart healthy homemade patties.
These quick healthy salmon burgers came about when I managed to pick up a couple of salmon fillets in the reduced section of our local supermarket.
Those of you who know me well enough will have heard me talking about “hanging around” the reduced aisle regularly and checking it out for any such bargains!
I’m always amazed that prices are slashed by more than half on some items which have just reached the day or day before they have to be sold by.
These are the kind of bargains that I look for eagerly and if I haven’t got a use for them instantly then they’ll go straight into the freezer for when I do!
On this occasion the salmon fillets were perfect for grabbing and putting together as these excellent budget quick healthy salmon burgers, a recipe I’d been thinking about conjuring up for some time.
Complimented with a garlic mayonnaise, light side salad and baked sweet potato fries, they tasted amazing!
I debated waiting until January to post this recipe but I thought I would get away with it at the end of November just before all the festive recipes flood in.
It’s great to be enjoying ourselves at Christmas and perhaps over indulging a little, but still having the 80/20 rule for eating in mind. There’s sure to be plenty of turkey and lots of other delicious foods to be had and especially in my case, hopefully some new cheesecakes!
But if there comes a time over the next month (or anytime if you’re reading this at a different time of year!) where you fancy a change from all those festive treats then these salmon burgers could be just what you’re looking for.
It’s worthwhile remembering too that it’s still recommended to include at least two portions of fish a week, including one of oily fish to ensure you get enough omega 3 to keep your heart healthy.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Love these Quick Healthy Salmon Burgers? Then Try These Burgers
- Quick Healthy Turkey Burgers – these are not only tasty burgers but they’re lower in fat and healthier than traditional beef ones. Ready in just 30 minutes they make a fantastic quick healthy meal.
- Homemade Quorn Burgers – want to know how to make homemade Quorn burgers? Well these burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Quick And Easy Black Bean Burgers – perfect for cooking in a pan or on your BBQ. No matter what the weather or if you’re short on time, these delicious budget vegan burgers are the business!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
I’m off to London tomorrow for a weekend away celebrating Lady Lynne’s birthday.
We’re going to see Aladdin at the Prince Edward Theatre on Saturday night and you can bet there will be some nice meals out too.
So, I’ll catch up with you all next Thursday (there will be no post on Tuesday) with a delicious new Christmas themed cheesecake recipe.
A No Bake Chocolate Orange Cheesecake. Don’t miss it, it’s so easy to make!
Until then have a great weekend!
Quick Healthy Salmon Burgers Recipe
Here I’ve served my my tasty salmon burgers with a simple side salad of iceberg lettuce, chopped cucumber and peppers. You could also serve them with some basic vegetables like peas and sweetcorn.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quick Healthy Salmon Burgers
- 2 salmon fillets skinless (approximately 250g), chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 80 g breadcrumbs
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place all of the ingredients, except the vegetable oil, into a food processor and pulse blend until ground, but not pureed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small frying pan.
- Using your hands, form 4 patties from the salmon mixture (which will be quite wet) and place 2 patties side by side in the pan and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side. Repeat with the other two patties.
- Serve on burger buns with slices of iceberg lettuce and garlic mayonnaise.