Overnight breakfast rice pudding. The sweet tasting combination of the cinnamon and vanilla infused milk, absorbed by the rice is just delicious. A perfect way to use up any leftover rice!
Megan Trainor may have been “all about that bass” and that’s fine for her. But at the moment I’m all about breakfast, and THIS overnight breakfast rice pudding in particular!
Seriously I’ve had it at least 4 times in the last week.
This is such a great recipe for your leftover rice.
Let’s face it, if you’re anything like me sometimes leftover rice just gets stuck in the back of the fridge. Perhaps never to be used. Becoming forgotten about and eventually ending up in the bin!
No more of that though. This overnight breakfast rice pudding recipe is a revelation!
Just think, you’re bound to have some leftover cooked rice at some point in the future aren’t you?
So why not use this delicious leftover rice recipe to both use it up and make a meal for breakfast with it?
Plus, this is a filling breakfast.
I mean a REALLY filling breakfast!
It’ll have you perfectly full up until at least lunchtime. That’s because it’s made from complex, unrefined carbohydrates.
The consistency still has a little “bite” to it.
It’s a breakfast that you’ll take your time to eat. That’s much better for your digestion too.
If you enjoyed this overnight breakfast then why not try out my strawberry vanilla overnight oats recipe?
Oh breakfast you and I have so many great combinations to come! 😀
And stop. And we’re in August.
Never mind being in August, does it seem to you that the weekend was just over too quickly?
Yeah me too. I was pretty much house-bound after our gym session on Saturday morning. Through choice though, creating and photographing some new recipes for the blog, and that dreaded element of the weather, ugh, which was its usual predictable wetness.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Breakfast Recipes You Might Also Like
- Rice porridge breakfast makes a delicious and ready to be heated up morning porridge breakfast. Ideal for using up either white or wholegrain basmati rice. Your body will thank you for a proper nutritional start to the day!
- Apple spice porridge is a deliciously simple heart-warming breakfast with a sweet apple taste and aromas of cinnamon, it’s literally a hug in a bowl. Perfect for cold winters mornings.
- Semolina breakfast porridge is a delicious, sweet and nutritious alternative to traditional porridge oats. Made with sliced banana, sultanas and chopped nuts it’s a healthy and filling start to the day too!
Overnight Breakfast Rice Pudding Recipe
This is a recipe that I’m pretty sure you can experiment with lots of different toppings for. So what would you have it with?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Overnight Breakfast Rice Pudding
- 120 g cooked wholegrain basmati rice*
- 250 ml skilled milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 40 g chopped nuts
- 40 g sultanas
- 20 g cranberries
- 1 tbsp flax seeds optional
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp runny honey
- Place the cooked rice, milk, cinnamon and vanilla essence in a bowl and combine everything together well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning divide the rice and liquid between two bowls.
- Split the nuts, fruit and flax seeds between the two bowls and top with a tbsp. of Greek yogurt and a tsp of honey on each.