Roasted Brussels sprouts and green beans. Delicious, easy to make and ready in just 40 minutes. This is the perfect side for any roast dinner!
Folks I think that you'll agree my roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans dish is just perfect for this time of year.
It's the perfect side accompaniment for any meat roast or if you're vegetarian something like my festive nut roast.
It'll go so well with your Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.
There's loads of flavour going on here in this tasty roasted vegetable side dish!
If you've never roasted Brussels sprouts before then you should.
What do roasted Brussel sprouts taste like? They taste amazing!
You get a delicious little sweet, slightly crispy and kind of nutty flavour. What's more they're not soggy.
As opposed to what you sometimes get when you just boil them!
You get two roasted vegetables here, Brussels sprouts and green beans. So less effort in having to cook both seperately for your table.
When you roast the green beans they also have a lovely crispy texture and are slightly sweeter than when boiled.
All in all this Roasted Brussels sprouts and green bean vegetable side dish is so simple to make and is the perfect addition to your festive table.
Everything goes into the same pan. No boiling of anything is required. Even fussy vegetable or non vegetable eaters are going to love this!
How To Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C (Fan).
- Prepare your vegetables. For the Brussels Sprouts cut off the root end then halve the sprout. Trim the ends off the green beans. Put both in your roasting tin.
- Thinly slice the garlic, add it to your roasting tin, then drizzle over the olive oil. Combine well using your hands to get all the vegetables well coated with the oil and garlic flavours. Then season generously.
- Roast for about 30 minutes and toss the vegetables a couple of times during to prevent any burning and to ensure an even cook through.
- Remove from oven. Check seasoning and serve.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Side Dishes You Might Also Like
- Roast potato and green bean salad is a simple and delicious salad. It’s great served warm or cold or even as a side to go with your favourite main dish.
- Roast honey glazed tarragon carrots is a delicious and easy side dish to compliment your main meal. These fantastic sweet honey roasted carrots are sure to be a winner at your dinner table!
- Roast summer vegetables is an easy recipe for creating a fantastic delicious vibrant healthy side dish making the most of fresh seasonal veggies.
- Easy British baked beans. Homemade tasty baked beans in just 15 minutes from just 5 ingredients. So much healthier than canned beans!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Green Beans Recipe
This recipe is pretty flexible.
Why not add in a few toasted pine nuts or to make it even more festive and add a little more sweetness try adding a few cranberries?
Even add in some chopped bacon if you want to. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Green Beans Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 400 g brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 400 g green beans trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C fan.
- Place the freshly prepared vegetables into a suitably sized roasting tin.
- Add the garlic and olive oil and combine well into the vegetables (best to use your hands). Season with the salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 30 minutes and during that cooking time toss the vegetables to ensure an even cook through.
- Check seasoning and serve.