These delicious no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars could not be easier to make. You’ll just love the chewy texture combined with the sweet taste of apple and hint of cinnamon. They’re really filling and great for those of us on the go, helping to provide a much needed energy boost!
And I mean what I say when I talk about these apple and cinnamon oat bars being great for those of us on the go.
Because, last week it was Inverness and Aberdeen.
And, this week it’s Dundee and Edinburgh.
You see, I’m basically doing a tour of Scotland at the moment as I project manage a new phone system with state of the art unified communications software into the offices of the company that I work for our.
So, these apple and cinnamon oat bars are with me, by my side, as a perfect “grab and go” snack!
Driving all day, it’s pretty tempting to eye up all the sugary chocolate snacks whilst filling up the car with petrol going from one location to another.
But, fortunately I’ve make sure I’ve got my snacks covered, there’s no need for me to give in to those unhealthy temptations with these healthier options!
The Inspiration for These No Bake Apple and Cinnamon Oat Bars
It was the Cruach Ardrain hillwalking outing with Mike that inspired these tasty no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars.
Mike had brought a similar oat bar with him for snacking on whilst climbing, a shop bought one. I thought they tasted great, but felt they were quite sugary.
So, in my usual way I set out trying to recreate them. Making them as simple as possible so they could easily be whipped up prior to leaving home.
They’re made with oats, apple juice, honey, coconut butter, honey and cinnamon. Just 5 simple ingredients with no baking required only time in the fridge for the bars to harden.
That’s how I ended up with these delectable no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars!
- 300g rolled oats
- 250ml apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder
- 100g coconut butter
- 100ml smooth honey
- Combine the rolled oats, apple juice and cinnamon powder together in a glass bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8 inch square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- In a medium sized saucepan over a low heat, melt the coconut butter and combine it with the honey.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the marinated oats. The oats will have solidified whilst marinating so will need added in spoon fulls and then stirred in. Combine well to remove any lumps.
- Empty the oats mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it out by pressing down with your fingers to get it into the corners.
- Pop back into the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the oats to cool and harden.
- Remove, cut into 8 bars and keep in the fridge until required.
In summary, these are a perfect oat snack bar accompaniment for being on the go!
And I reckon they’re pretty versatile for you to fit into your life as a healthier snack alternative too.
Oh, and still on the subject of oats, if you missed my post from Monday for World Porridge Day 2016, you’ve still time to donate, thank you!
Otherwise have a great weekend and I’ll catch up with you again next week. 😀
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re following neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post and clicking “Subscribe” or by “following” me via your favourite social media channel below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
And thanks Amanda for Thursday’s thinking out loud!