Chocolate peanut butter baked oats is a delicious and easy to make breakfast that’s packed with healthy ingredients and a little decadence too!
Folks although this chocolate peanut butter baked oats recipe is a fantastic festive breakfast recipe, it really is suitable all year round.
Most years I make my baked apple and cinnamon oats for breakfast during the festive season.
However this year I’ll be making this chocolate peanut butter baked oats.
You see as this breakfast is make from one of the most delicious food combinations, chocolate and peanut butter, it’s like having dessert for breakfast!
Baked oatmeal is one of my favourite breakfasts and I know that you all love baked oatmeal too.
I mean what’s not to love about it? It’s not only delicious but it’s also nutritious!
With colder mornings and the need to feel fully energised this baked oats with chocolate breakfast recipe is packed with energy.
It’s also incredibly hearty and an excellent make-ahead breakfast recipe to save time and reduce stress.
This chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal is a delicious easy to make festive breakfast but it’s also fantastic as a treat breakfast at any time of the year too.
The recipe only requires 8 ingredients and takes just 35 minutes to make and serve and you’ve got an amazing breakfast!
What’s not to love about having dessert for breakfast first thing on Christmas Day or indeed any day?
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Oats Breakfasts You Might Also Like
- Baked cranberry oatmeal makes for a great healthy start to your day. This easy to make delicious breakfast is naturally sweetened and can be made ahead too!
- Apple spice porridge is a deliciously simple heart-warming breakfast with a sweet apple taste and aromas of cinnamon, it’s literally a hug in a bowl. Perfect for cold winters mornings.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oats Recipe
You can substitute most other kinds of nut butters, for example almond butter, for the peanut butter I used in this recipe.
Your chocolate peanut butter baked oats can be stored in the fridge, covered for 2 – 3 days.
To freeze this recipe bake it first then cut it into slices and freeze in individual containers. You can quickly defrost these when needed.
It just takes a minute or so to reheat this breakfast in the microwave.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oats
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Cooking spray oil
- 300 g porridge oats
- 75 g dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 80 g peanut butter
- 60 ml fat free Greek yogurt
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
- Using the cooking oil spray, lightly grease a small oven proof casserole dish.
- Mix the oats, chocolate chips and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the peanut butter, yogurt, milk, honey, and egg.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the oats, mix well then spoon into the greased casserole dish.
- Place the casserole dish into the centre of the oven and bake for 25 minutes until cooked and beginning to brown.
- Serve warm in bowls broken up with a little more honey and yogurt or milk if required.