Easy cannellini bean salad is a delicious Mediterranean white bean salad. Made from canned beans it makes a great budget lunch or side dish.
This easy cannellini bean salad is perfect as a tasty light lunch salad on it's own or as a great side dish to compliment other meals.
Canned bean salads are cheap and quick to prepare.
Just like my borlotti bean and tuna salad this easy white bean salad is ready in just 15 minutes.
This recipe was inspired by the fact that every time I'm on holiday in the Mediterranean and eating out there's always a delicious Mediterranean bean salad on offer.
So I decided to make my own version to enjoy those very same Mediterranean flavours at home!
This is a simple salad made entirely of simple ingredients.
Even the dressing itself doesn't require much effort at all and it's easily whisked up in a few seconds.
There's plenty of fresh ingredients that you can add or substitute in this salad. All the while those delicious beans giving it the same nutty flavour.
It's little wonder those folks in the Mediterranean are so healthy incorporating many bean recipes like this into their already healthy diets.
Adding more healthy recipes like this to your meal plans and incorporating them into your work lunches or as a perfect side salad can only be a good thing!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cannellini Beans
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
See recipe card for quantities.
Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below. But here is a quick step by step guide of how to make this easy white bean salad:
Dressing Steps 1 & 2
- Make the marinade in a small bowl.
- Season to taste.
Salad Step 1
- Place all bean salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the dressing.
Steps 3 & 4
- Leave the salad to marinate.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - essential to use extra virgin olive oil for the dressing.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Juice - freshly squeezed is best rather than from a bottle.
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cannellini Beans - I use a can of cannellini beans. You can use virtually any varieties of white beans though. White kidney beans work well. If using dried bean make sure you soak for required length of time before using.
- Cherry Tomatoes - grape tomatoes, plum tomatoes or chopped salad tomatoes will also work.
- Black Olives - you can use different types of olives like kalamata olives too.
- Feta Cheese - you could substitute with goat cheese instead.
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley - Use fresh parsley. Fresh herbs are best. You can substitute with fresh mint if you can't get parsley or a sprinkling of mixed dried Italian herbs.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Can You Eat Cannellini Beans From The Tin?
Yes. Canned cannellini beans are already cooked. Just make sure you rinse them in cold water and drain them before using them.
Are Cannellini Beans Good For You?
Yes. They're a great source of fiber and protein. As part of a balanced healthy eating routine they can help to support weight loss.
What Other Ingredients Could I Add To My Cannellini Salad?
If you're looking to bulk this out to make it more of a main course you could add chopped red onion, red pepper, green onions or more juicy tomatoes.
How To Store Cannellini Bean Salad.
This salad will store for 2 - 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. The salad is not freezable.
Other Popular Salad Recipes For You To Enjoy
Easy Cannellini Bean Salad Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 400 g can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 115 g cucumber diced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g black olives halved
- 60 g feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small Pyrex bowl and whisk together.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Place all the salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- Pour over the dressing and mix well. Add more salt and pepper if required.
- If you have time leave the salad to sit for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Divide into equal portions. Enjoy!
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this quick and easy cannellini bean salad recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Raymund | angsarap.net
Nice and simple, something I want to do soon as we have most of the ingredients at hand. Would definitely love this specially with some grilled fish on the side
Thanks Raymund. Yes, this would be lovely paired with some grilled fish. Love that thought! Yum!
Neil, I do love Cannellini Beans, very nice salad here
Thanks Charlie. I just think Cannellini Beans are so underated too!
I love this! Especially with the feta, olives, and tomatoes. Great salad.
It's the perfect summer salad! Thanks Mimi!
Ben | Havocinthekitchen
Beautiful, easy yet flavourful salad - we often enjoy this or similar during spring and summer. The addition of a sweet red onions would be nice, too!
Thanks Ben! I agree the addition of sweet red onions would also be nice too. Feel free to add / substitute whatever ingredients you want to make this salad your own!
Linger A Little, Kristy
How could you not absolutely love this simple yet flavorful salad? It looks and sounds fantastic and it is a perfect side dish for any cookout or get-together. I love the Mediterranean-type ingredients. I must try this soon. Thanks so much for sharing.
You're welcome Kristy. Glad you like it! Yes this salad seems to be perfect for the moment. Particularly the hot Mediterranean weather we're experiencing at the moment.
Perfect timing, Neil! I just got cannellini beans -- can't wait to try it! I'd add some salmon to the mix too 🙂
Salmon would be a lovely addition to this salad Michelle! Yum! 🙂
David @ Spiced
I really do love Mediterranean flavors, but I don't think I've ever combined them with cannellini beans. This sounds like a fantastic (and easy) summer side dish! I could see it going well alongside grilled chicken!
Oh yes. This dish goes well with grilled chicken David. In fact it goes well with ALL BBQ dishes. We've enjoyed it alongside steak, burgers and grilled chicken. Hope you get a chance to make it!
This looks so simple, an easy meal prep recipe that packs on the flavors. I love beans! Can't wait to try this out!
Thank you Farah! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂