Leftover rice prawn and mushroom stir fry is a delicious quick and easy recipe when you’re wondering what to do with leftover rice. A healthy leftover rice recipe that serves 2 and takes just 30 minutes!
Hey Folks! I recently posted one of my favourite recipes for using up mashed potato. That was the leftover mashed potato cakes recipe.
I saw that you really liked that particular recipe as there were a lot of page views for it – thanks!
So I thought you might also like my favourite dinner dish for using up any leftover rice you might have.
This leftover rice prawn and mushroom stir fry.
The simple addition of prawns, mushrooms, peas and spring onions to your rice makes this a perfect leftover rice dinner!
This is a great budget recipe too.
Here I’m using budget staples like frozen prawns, frozen peas and mushrooms.
It’s also a healthy leftover rice recipe.
That’s because prawns can help you have a healthy heart. Like most seafood, they’re rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
I wouldn’t mind if this was served up for a date meal it’s that good!
In fact if my memory serves me correctly. The first time I served up this recipe was when I was cooking for a date. Long ago in my student days………
So if you’re ever stuck with what to do with leftover rice, this leftover rice prawn and mushroom stir fry dinner is all you need.
You could easily add to it any other vegetables you have to hand too.
Maybe like sweetcorn or broccoli? They both go really well with this stir fry.
Or if you don’t fancy leftover rice for dinner. You could also use your leftover rice to make a delicious overnight breakfast!
Your Questions Answered About Leftover Rice
- How long can you keep leftover rice in the fridge? You can keep rice in the fridge for 4 to 6 days, as long as it’s stored in a sealed airtight container.
- Can I keep re-heating the rice? No only reheat it once. For instance use it once in this prawn and mushroom stir fry.
- Can I freeze and then re-use leftover rice? Yes but again once the rice is defrosted only reheat it once.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Rice Recipes For You To Try
- Spicy rice with peas is a delicious easy to make side. Made all in one pan this 20-minute dish goes great with chicken, fish, or halloumi!
- Turkey rice casserole is just delicious and easy comfort food at its best. A perfectly healthy and wholesome family dinner which you’ll be making again and again!
Leftover Rice Prawn and Mushroom Stir Fry Recipe
At only 435 calories per serving this prawn and mushroom stir fry makes for an excellent quick healthy meal.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Leftover Rice Prawn and Mushroom Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 75 g sliced mushrooms chestnut
- 100 g frozen peas
- 180 g cooked and peeled prawns*
- 200 g cooked basmati rice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 chopped spring onions
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Add one tablespoon vegetable oil to your pan / wok and heat gently. Drop the egg in and stir around in the oil until the egg is lightly scrambled then remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil into your pan /wok, turn up the heat and add the sliced mushrooms, stir fry them for 2 minutes then add the frozen peas and prawns and stir fry together until cooked, about 3 minutes (will take slightly longer if you used frozen prawns).
- Next, add in the cooked rice, soy sauce, spring onions and sesame oi. Toss together and serve.