Easy healthy peppermint fudge is just that. A 4 ingredient naturally sweetened no bake delicious creamy chocolatey fudge recipe that takes just 30 minutes to make!
Looking for a recipe for after dinner mints for Christmas Day?
Then look no further than this easy healthy peppermint fudge recipe!
I swear that once you’ve made your own peppermint fudge with this really easy recipe, you’ll never go back to shop bought!
There’s just 4 ingredients and a minimum amount of time and effort involved here.
These easy healthy peppermint fudge squares are fun to make and kids can get involved too.
They’re only 109 calories per square and made with just plain chocolate, peanut butter, honey and some natural peppermint flavouring.
No artificial additives, no artificial flavouring and no added refined sugar either!
Every Christmas Day up until now we’re always had some shop bought peppermint chocolates to go with our festive coffee.
Well I thought that I’d change that this year, so we’re swapping those peppermint squares for these healthier ones.
I couldn’t go Christmas without having some kind of peppermint treat.
I mean even just the thought of peppermint, never mind the smell just conjures up festive images for me!
Does peppermint do that for you too?
Now, I’ve called this recipe “healthy peppermint fudge”. Why is that?
Why This Peppermint Fudge Is Healthy!
- It’s naturally sweetened with honey. Not refined sugar.
- Chocolate contains flavonoids which can help lower blood pressure and protect against heart disease.
- Peanut butter contains unsaturated fats, which are the healthy kind and are a good source of protein too!
- Peppermint has natural health benefits that are reported to be good for your stomach, chest and head.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthier Sweet Recipes You Might Also Like
- No-bake almond oat bars are crammed full of delicious healthy oats, almonds, almond butter and honey. Easily portable, they’re a guaranteed energy boost just when you need it most.
- No bake cranberry flapjacks. Delicious chewy and packed full of healthy oats nuts, almond butter and cranberries. This easy recipe is minimum effort too!
- These fruit and nut snack bars are tasty, chewy and crammed full of fruits, nuts and seeds. Taking less than an hour to make they make a great healthy snack in between meals at only 200 calories each.
Merry Christmas From Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Folks, I hope you enjoy this easy healthy peppermint fudge recipe.
Not only that, I hope you have an amazing time with family and friends over the Christmas period.
I’m taking a week off to enjoy the festive period myself with my family and friends and I’ll be back in the New Year!
Have a good one! And Merry Christmas to you all!
Easy Healthy Peppermint Fudge Recipe
This peppermint fudge is not only great at Christmas but you can enjoy this throughout the week or at any time of the year when you need a healthier dessert!
You can substitute my ingredients with your own, like normal plain chocolate and peanut butter but beware this will alter the nutritional label!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Healthy Peppermint Fudge
- 175 g plain chocolate* chopped
- 150 g sugar free smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Icing sugar for decoration**
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over a gentle heat, place the chopped plain chocolate and stir until melted. Add the peanut butter and stir until combined and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the honey and peppermint extract until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth out the top into an even layer.
- Place baking tin into freezer. Freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and slice into 16 squares.
- Sprinkle a little icing sugar over if required*
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.