Tuna tomato pasta is a delicious healthy and easy recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make. With just a few basic ingredients it’s budget friendly too!
Folks, this tuna tomato pasta is a great recipe if you’re still feeling the pinch after all the extravagance of Christmas.
Also, it’s relatively healthy too as long as you’re using wholemeal pasta as per the recipe rather than white pasta.
Not only is this tomato tuna pasta a perfect delicious budget meal, it’s one that can easily be cooked up when you’re busy and got lots of things going on!
This tuna tomato pasta is suitable for lunch or dinner. Just alter your portion sizes depending on which meal you serve it for.
You could easily cook this up for dinner and take any “leftovers” into work to heat up for your lunch?
I say “leftovers” as that really is a rarity in our house. Even though there’s just the two of us.
Well there’s actually three in our house if you include Begbie, our cat. He eats nearly everything and probably would dive into this pasta if we let him!
Lady Lynne and I always have stocks of essentials in our kitchen cupboards like pasta, tinned tomatoes and tinned tuna.
Its great how those essentials come in handy when you’re least prepared and can be quickly turned into a tasty dish like this quick easy tuna tomato pasta!
What’s your quick “go to recipe” that you always have a stock of ingredients for in your kitchen?
How to Make This Tuna Tomato Pasta
- This meal is really simple to make. The basic steps are :-
- Get your pasta on first.
- Whilst your pasta is cooking saute your onion then add your tomotoes.
- Stir in your tuna, then your cooked pasta and chopped basil.
- Divide the tuna tomato pasta between two serving bowls and top with the grated parmesan. Bellissimo!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy pasta arrabiata recipe is a simple quick healthy meal for four made in less than half an hour. When you’re short on time, but still want those classic Mediterranean flavours, this delicious dish will satisfy all those needs with minimal fuss and effort.
- Chilli pasta is a quick and easy healthy family meal. Vegetarian, with kidney beans substituted for meat, it’s full of fibre and goodness. Plus it takes just under one hour to serve.
- Tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
- Easy curry pasta is a simple to make quick healthy meal. This delicious recipe is perfect for busy family weeknights and will soon have everyone satisfied and full!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, I hope you enjoy this amazingly simple tuna tomato pasta recipe!
As it’ll soon be February I thought we should have a little bit of a treat after the January health kick.
So, next Thursday, I just know you’re going to love my pesto pizza with cherry tomato and basil salad.
Hope you can join me then!
Tuna Tomato Pasta Recipe
For this tuna tomato pasta recipe you can of course use just normal pasta. But that will make this recipe less healthier and changes the nutritional label below too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tuna Tomato Pasta
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 125 g Whole wheat Conchiglie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 160g cans of tuna spring water drained
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- Place the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water and cook as per the packet instructions, then drain. While the pasta is cooking continue with the rest of the recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepan, add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the drained tuna and stir until warmed through. Then add the drained pasta and freshly chopped basil.
- Divide between two serving bowls and top with the grated parmesan.
- Serve with a fresh green salad of lettuce, cucumber and spring onions.