Watermelon and feta salad is an easy to make delicious and refreshing salad just bursting with a unique sweet and salty flavour.
This watermelon and feta salad recipe is a tasty healthy salad that's sure to set your taste buds alight.
If you're like us and enjoying lots of salads at the moment then this one is for you!
You may be a bit tired of the same old salads so why not shake things up a bit with this zesty watermelon feta salad?
Here you can experience an amazing flavour combination of sweetness and saltiness which really goes together so well.
This watermelon salad is both light and refreshing and a crowd-pleaser.
It makes a great side dish or starter and is perfect as an accompaniment to any BBQ!
This watermelon salad recipe is a delightful combination and blend of textures.
It features juicy watermelon chunks, tangy feta cheese, crisp red onion slices, olives, fresh mint leaves, and a zesty dressing.
This best watermelon salad with mint and feta will leave your taste buds craving more.
Not only is this salad incredibly easy to make, but it also offers numerous health benefits.
You'll definitely want to add this watermelon and feta salad recipe to your list of favourite summer salads!
👪 Health Benefits Of Watermelon Salad
- Hydration: As watermelon has a high water content (over 90%), this helps keep you hydrated, especially in hot weather.
- Nutrient-Rich: Watermelon is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and magnesium.
- Heart Health: Feta cheese contains healthy fats, calcium, and protein. The monounsaturated fats in olive oil can supports heart health by improving cholesterol levels and reducing inflammation.
- Digestive Health: The fibre in the watermelon, olives, and fresh mint leaves supports digestive health.
- Weight Management: This salad is a nutritious, low-calorie option. It can be suitable for those looking to manage their weight as part of a balanced and diverse healthy diet.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Black Olives
- Green Olives
- Fresh Mint Leaves
See recipe card for quantities.
🔪 Step By Step Instructions
Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below. But here is a quick step by step guide of how to make this easy watermelon and feta salad recipe:
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a screw top lid and shake well. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Place the watermelon, feta and olives in a bowl and gently mix well together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle over the shredded mint. Mix well.
- Serve in a suitably sized serving bowl.
- Limes - freshly squeezed lime juice is best. You could also use a fresh lemon instead.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - use only a good quality extra virgin olive oil for this salad.
- Red Onion - you could use shallots or spring onions instead.
- Watermelon - I use a juicy Crimson Sweet watermelon. This should be easy to find in your supermarket all year round.
- Feta Cheese - use a good quality Greek feta cheese.
- Black Olives - rinse well if from a jar.
- Green Olives - rinse well if from a jar.
- Fresh Mint Leaves - only use fresh mint leaves.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
How Many Calories Are In Watermelon Feta Salad?
There are 260 calories in this watermelon and feta salad.
What Can I Serve This Watermelon Salad With?
How To Store?
This watermelon feta salad is best served fresh. It can be made ahead and stored in the fridge in an air-tight container for 1-2 days. Add the dressing after storing though to prevent the salad going watery.
🥗 More Salad Recipes For You To Try
📋 Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 2 limes freshly squeezed.
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion sliced finely.
- 300 g watermelon peeled and cubed.
- 150 g feta
- 40 g black olives stones removed and cut in half.
- 40 g green olives stones removed and cut in half.
- 5 g mint leaves shredded finely.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a jar with a screw top lid and shake well. Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl place, the watermelon, feta and olives and gently mix well together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle over the shredded mint and again mix well.
- Serve in a suitably sized serving bowl.
🧾 Nutrition Label
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
⭐ Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this watermelon and feta salad recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂